- The Barber: Super Strong Hold by Aardvark
- A Different Fountain of Youth by AbsMan420
- Fraternity Muscle 7 by Shade
- Kirthaven Gym: Reporting In by irrcapt (hypno)
- The Top Machine by z119z (hypno)
New stories: During my break, I received 5 new stories, which I'm posting on the occasion of the site's 12th anniversary today. I'm still feeling somewhat burnt out so I'll be scaling down the updates. See you guys in a few days.
- Angel: A Sequel 7 by msclvr
- The Barber: Bearable Winter by Texzilla
- Brady Cannon's Unexpected Medical Exam 6e by Glaucon
- Hot For My Best Friend by Peterbilt
- Mine Now by Touchstone
New story: My Roommate Gives Me Nicknames by Derek Williams (hypno)
- Man sets self afire in Tokyo in apparent protest—Japan slowly turning militant.
- MH370: New evidence of tampering with cockpit systems revealed
- No, North Korea Did NOT Threaten War Over Seth Rogan Movie—"Media reports claiming the DPRK threatened war over a Seth Rogan and James Franco movie are flat out wrong."
Ukraine and Russia
- Putin snarls, but Obama gets the last laugh
- Defying Russia, Ukraine Signs E.U. Trade Pact—"Moscow warned that the signing of the economic agreement, which had set off protests and fighting in Ukraine, would have 'serious consequences.'" NYT
- Ukraine begins military offensive as cease-fire ends
- Washington is renaming the street outside China's embassy after jailed dissident Liu Xiaobo — and China is furious National Post
- Chinese president Xi Jinping vows China won't bully other nations
- Hong Kong democracy 'referendum' voting ends
- Hong Kong police arrest democracy protesters at sit-in
- Australia's right to know is under assault—"Reforms to freedom of information under the last government saw FOI culture flourish. Now the Coalition plans to radically restrict the FOI regime."
- Janet Albrechtsen appointed to ABC and SBS board appointments panel
- Australia's High Court rules PNG immigrant detention camp constitutional—"Australia's highest court has dismissed a challenge to the government's policy of sending asylum-seekers to Papua New Guinea, ruling detention at an island immigration camp legal under the country's constitution."
- Australia buys up, enters Asian arms race
Israel and Palestine
- Israeli PM Calls Killers of Three Israeli Teens 'Human Animals'
- Palestinian teenager found dead in suspected revenge attack
- Israeli troops clash with Palestinians after body of Arab teenager found WaPo
- African leaders vote to give themselves immunity from war crimes
- Uganda students smuggle pigs into parliament—"Youths and police guards arrested after protest against high unemployment and government corruption."
- Donors slash Mozambique aid over corruption claims
War on Terror
- Obama's crackdown views leaks as aiding enemies of U.S.
- Supreme Court lets victims' 9/11 suit vs. Saudi Arabia proceed
- Before Shooting in Iraq, a Warning on Blackwater—"Not long after the security firm's top manager in Iraq told a State Department investigator 'that he could kill' him, an inquiry was abandoned. Weeks later, the firm's guards killed 17 civilians in Iraq." NYT
- US court revives lawsuit against Abu Ghraib security contractors
- Judge upholds order demanding release of CIA torture accounts—"US government loses attempt to keep accounts of torture of Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri secret."
- Army Clears Bergdahl of Any Misconduct During Captivity
- Bill Clinton says GOP is guilty of double standard on Benghazi WaPo
- New TSA fees to make airfare more expensive
- Obama authorizes 200 more troops for Iraq WaPo
- If You Were An Iraq War Critic, You're Probably Not Being Asked To Go On TV
- Laura Ingraham To Republicans: Stop Talking About Iraq Already!
- Dick Cheney Doesn't Want You To Reflect on the Iraq War, So You Know It's a Good Idea To
- Retired Army Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson Rips Dick Cheney: He Isn't Immoral, He's Amoral—Sociopath.
- Nation Editor Tells Bill Kristol To Join Iraqi Army If He Wants War
- alicublog: On Jonah Goldberg's Liberal Blame Game on Iraq—Goldberg: "I supported the war, and I still think the arguments in favor at the time were superior to the arguments against. Alas, the facts on the ground didn't care about the arguments." Facts do have a liberal bias.
- Iraq crisis: Isis changes name and declares its territories a new Islamic state with 'restoration of caliphate' in Middle East
- Just what is a 'caliphate' — and why are some Muslims keen to reestablish one?
- Christian Iraqis Live in State of Fear of ISIS Terrorists
- Osama Bin Laden's seven rules for terrorists: ISIS will regret not following the al-Qaida leader's advice.
- Britain bans controversial Saudi cleric al-Arifi—""The UK Government makes no apologies for refusing people access to the UK if we believe they represent a threat to our society. Coming here is a privilege that we refuse to extend to those who seek to subvert our shared values."
- European Court upholds French full veil ban
- Nigerian man is locked up after saying he is an atheist—"Campaigners call for release of 29-year-old Mubarak Bala, who lives in Kano in Nigeria's predominantly Muslim north."
- At least 30 die in Nigeria village attacks—"Churches set alight in attack by suspected Islamist extremists on village close to town from where schoolgirls were kidnapped."
Surveillance and Privacy
- Facebook's Psychological Experiments Connected to Department of Defense Research on Civil Unrest
- Court gave NSA broad leeway in surveillance, documents show—Now Internet monitoring is supposedly legal. WaPo
- New Snowden docs: NSA spies on pretty much everyone abroad—"All the world's a stage for US spies, according to secret American memos."
- Greenwald delays biggest Snowden story yet after new U.S. government claims
- FBI, CIA Use Backdoor Searches To Warrentlessly Spy On Americans' Communications
- ISPs take legal action against GCHQ
- TOR exit nodes now illegal in Austria
- Paypal Freezes ProtonMail Campaign Funds —A Paypal representative "questioned whether ProtonMail is legal and if we have government approval to encrypt emails."
New story: The . . . by z119z (hypno)
- Court: Teacher Teasing Overweight Student Is Child Abuse
- House GOP wants to cut Michelle Obama's healthy school lunches: These Republicans come from the unhealthiest states
- State high court rules NYC ban on large sodas is illegal—Suck it, Bloomie.
- China to recruit 'more portly' soldiers with brainpower—"China's military relaxes height, eyesight and weight requirements for soldiers in effort to attract more educated personnel, newspaper says."
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Dr. Oz and Nutritional Supplements
- Why Dr. Oz can say anything and keep his medical license
- A Snake Oil Salesman Alive and Well in Dr. Oz
- Twitter gets predictably snarky when Dr. Oz asks, "What are you eating that is Oz Approved"? Salon
- Chipotle's anti-Big-Food ad wins Cannes PR award
- How the US Government Helps McDonald's Sell Junk Food—"The feds also helped bring you the Taco Bell Cantina Double Steak Quesadilla and several other fast-food gems."
- Hamburger Chef Jamie Oliver Proves McDonald's Burgers "Unfit for human consumption"
- Monsanto Tries to Patent & Control Natural, Non-GMO Tomatoes
- Whole Foods to pay $800,000 in overpricing case
- U.S. meat producers square off against consumer groups in request to peel back on labeling
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Letter of the Week -- POM Wonderful
Ag-Gag and Agri-Torture
- Undercover animal abuse videos could soon be outlawed
- Canada's Largest Dairy Farm Employees Accused Of Animal Cruelty
- The Abstinence Method—"Dutch farmers just say no to antibiotics for livestock." Gerbert Oosterlaken, owner of Hoeve de Hulsdonk farm, "believes the more you can see, the better."
- Obama orders review of pesticides' effect on bees
- Pesticides threaten birds and bees alike, study says
- Pesticides linked to bee deaths must be banned, scientists say
- French scientists revive assault on pesticide, GM corn
- Study links pesticide exposure in pregnancy to autism
Abortion and Birth Control
- Supreme Court says employers with religious objections can refuse to pay for contraception
- Corporations Are People, And They Have More Rights Than You
- SCOTUS end of term: The Supreme Court’s conservatives are using the First Amendment as a weapon
- 'Supreme Court strikes down abortion clinic buffer zone
- Anti-abortion protesters take advantage of Supreme Court ruling
- Alabama Abortion Clinic Forced To Close Because Its Hallways Aren't Wide Enough
- The Rise of the DIY Abortion in Texas—"A pill that revolutionized reproductive rights in Latin America is now gaining ground on the black market in South Texas."
- McAuliffe Defies GOP: We're 'Moving Forward' With Obamacare Expansion
- Capitol police gave House clerks access to governor's office—"Father's Day budget delivery to the governor's secure suite of offices prompts protests from the administration, which alleged an 'unacceptable' security breach."
- Emails: GOP Secured Majority After VA Dem Promised Job, Phone And Car
- Analysis Shows GOP Fear-Mongering On Obamacare Premiums Is Probably Bogus
- Republicans Finally Admit Why They Really Hate Obamacare
- Here Is the Most Shameless Anti-Obamacare Argument Yet
- White House report: Overhaul VA's 'corrosive culture' Politico
- Letters Claim Vets Were Mistreated At West Palm Beach VA
- Acton Vet Finally Gets VA Doctor's Appointment – 2 Years After He Died
- Obama to name new VA chief
Think of the Children
- Alaska to put free pregnancy tests in bars to curb fetal alcohol syndrome rate
- Is veganism child abuse?—"A mother is arrested for infant neglect after a hospital crisis that began with her veganism." Salon
- Meet the con man selling fake stem cell treatments to children—"Davide Vannoni is playing with people's lives, and the Italian government is paying for it."
- No, PETA, Cow Milk Does Not Cause Autism—"The group that brought you animal-fur horror stories has just launched a campaign claiming cow's milk causes autism. Hold on to your Cheerios, this one needs explaining."
- Cost of not caring: Stigma set in stone—"People with mental illness face prejudice and discrimination nearly everywhere they turn, from friends and employers and even insurance plans."
- Minnesota teen who planned school massacre: 'I think I'm really mentally ill'
- Stop Telling Your Depressed Friends to "Cheer Up"—"It's more helpful to express that their feelings are valid."
- Untreatable virus spreading in the Caribbean now afflicts 4,600 LA Times
- Doctors Without Borders: Ebola 'out of control'—Experts say it's just the 'tip of the iceberg' and it's getting worse [WaPo].
- CDC: Up to 86 workers possibly exposed to anthrax
- One unvaccinated child was patient zero of a measles epidemic
- Measles cases are spreading, despite high vaccination rates. What's going on?—In other news, Jenny allegedly-not-against-vaccinations McCarthy is no longer on 'The View'. WaPo
- First measles case in at least 6 years reported in Pierce County—"The case is connected to eight confirmed cases being investigated in South King County, all among members of the same extended family, officials said."
- Judge Upholds Policy Barring Unvaccinated Students During Illnesses NYT
- Ohio Amish begin vaccinations amid largest measles outbreak in recent U.S. history
- Blast from the Past: Fear and frustration dominated Somali community forum on measles, vaccines and autism
New story: Knowing I'm Gonna Get Fucked 6 by Peterbilt
- 15 years ago, Congress kept Mickey Mouse out of the public domain. Will they do it again?—"On October 27, 1998, President Clinton extended copyrights, starving the public domain of new works for 20 years." Lobbyists haven't stopped. WaPo
- Netflix Could Be Classified As a 'Cybersecurity Threat' Under New CISPA Rules
- Philip Morris attacks Marlboro parody, runs into "Web bully's worst enemy"—"Public Citizen: 'You7r client's targets may be addicted, but they aren't stupid.'"
- Dogecoin Users Outraged Over Trademark
- King Candy's Trademark Attempt at Crushing The Banner Saga
- MPAA Targets Reddit Community Over Movie Piracy—Streisand effect ensues.
- Ottawa Citizen: Apology to David Bowie
- The Father of Net Neutrality Returns to Do Battle With Comcast
- We don't need net neutrality; we need competition—"Op-ed: 'Unbundled access' actually works."
- Net Neutrality Protesters Arrested At Google HQ—Barking up the wrong tree?
- Americans as 'vulnerable' to NSA surveillance as foreigners, despite Fourth Amendment—"By manipulating internet traffic to push American data outside of the country, the NSA can vacuum up vast amounts of US citizen data for intelligence purposes, a new report warns."
- NSA queried phone records of just 248 people despite massive data sweep—'Transparency report reveals agency performed queries on 248 people in 2013, despite collecting data on millions of Americans."
- New N.S.A. Chief Calls Damage From Snowden Leaks Manageable—"The director of the National Security Agency, Adm. Michael S. Rogers, described the steps the agency is taking to ensure that no one else can download the information taken by Edward J. Snowden, a former defense contractor." NYT
- NSA spying is a bigger diplomatic strain than Iraq invasion
- US to extend privacy rights to EU citizens
- A review of the Blackphone, the Android for the paranoid—"Custom-built with privacy in mind, this handset isn't for (Google) Play."
- The world wide web may be fracturing into a bunch of regional internets
- China's cure for teenage internet addiction is worse than the supposed disease
- Busted: Microsoft-hired agency paying bloggers to write pro-IE posts
- Yup, 1-800-COLLECT is still in business—and charging massive fees—"$42.55 for a 6-minute collect call? It happened to one Ars reader."
- Broken promises: Verizon, Google, and the Chromebook data debacle—In a face-saving move, Google gives $150 credit to those affected.
- Warning over USB chargers after woman dies from apparent electrocution
Law and Disorder
- Aaron Swartz's father: He'd be alive today if he was never arrested
- It's Official: The Supreme Court Is Pro-Cable Oligopoly—Adios Aereo.
- Kleargear Ordered To Pay $300k To Utah Couple
- San Francisco orders parking spot auction app to cease-and-desist—"Parking Monkey CEO: new, innovative firms 'should be regulated and not banned.'" This one's different from Uber.
- How the Supreme Court might kill software patents
- Patents Are Eating the World and Hurting Innovation
- People, Not Patents
- How Patents Are Stopping Your Microwave From Being Awesome
- White House poised to name patent reform opponent as new head of Patent Office
- Amazon accused of 'bullying' smaller UK publishers
- As Amazon slugs it out with the big publishers, authors are left cowering
- France passes "anti-Amazon" bill aimed at helping small bookstores—"Culture Minister Aurelie Filippetti also called out Amazon's 'dumping strategy.'"
- What's the True Cost of Amazon's Quick Deliveries?
- "Amazon Was a Prison," Says Former Worker
- Facebook fights 'largest ever' US court data request
- Facebook tinkered with users' feeds for a massive psychology experiment—Probably not illegal but bordering on unethical. What happened?
- Study: People Hate Happy Couples on Facebook
- US National Archives enshrines Wikipedia in Open Government Plan, plans to upload all holdings to Commons
- The Unbearable Bureaucracy of Wikipedia—"The legalistic atmosphere is making it impossible to attract and keep the new editors the site needs."
- Wikipedia editors hit with $10 million defamation lawsuit
- Comms agencies "intend to do right" by Wikipedia
- Wikipedia drug entries often inaccurate or outdated, study finds
- Meet the developer who spent 13 years making his childhood game Exclusive
- I won't buy Battlefield Hardline at launch, and neither should you
- Watch the brouhaha over 'Watch Dogs'
- "Game Critics Aren't Professionals, They Just Pretend To Be"
- Team Fortress 2: Expiration Date—MOAR.
- Auto parts price-fixing probe rattles industry
- Ford to pay owners for overstating MPG
- Terrified Of Tesla, NADA Launches Campaign To Tout Benefits Of Franchise Dealerships
- Car industry struggles to solve air bag explosions despite mass recalls
- Volkswagen Once Tried To Kill A Journalist Because Of This Car
- Texas Woman Convicted Of Manslaughter Learns GM Ignition Switch Caused Fiancé's Crash Death
- Blame for 'switch from hell' falls heavily on one GM engineer
- GM recalls 511,508 Camaros for ignitions you can switch off with your knee
- New General Motors Recall Includes Best Sellers—"G.M. said it was recalling more than half a million more vehicles, including full-size pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles that can suddenly switch into neutral." NYT
- GM hit with $10 billion lawsuit—"A new lawsuit says General Motors Co should compensate millions of car and truck owners for lost resale value, potentially exceeding $10 billion, because a slew of recalls and a deadly delay in recalling cars with defective ignition switches has damaged its brand."
New story: New Life for Cooper 2 by Titan
- Federal appeals court: Gays have right to marry—"A federal appeals court ruled for the first time Wednesday that gay couples have a constitutional right to marry, extending the movement's legal winning streak and bringing the issue a big step closer to the U.S. Supreme Court."
- Judge throws out Indiana's same-sex marriage ban—A stay has been granted.
- Reagan Appointed Judge Expands Louisiana Marriage Case To All Same-Sex Couples
- Battle over same-sex marriages in St. Louis headed to court
- 34 gay couples issued marriage licenses in Boulder Co.
- 45 Years After Stonewall, Oklahoma Still Awaiting Marriage Equality
- GOP Senator Collins says she supports gay marriage
- Republican Senator Says Republicans Must Abandon Same-Sex Marriage Issue To Win Elections
- Ben Carson's breathtaking marriage equality compromise: Don't let gay people get married—"'I don't think I can impose my will on any two consenting adults,' Carson says but clearly does not mean." Salon
- Wis. GOP Candidate: Marriage Equality Will Lead to Sibling Marriages
- Biden: Gay rights take precedence over culture
- Town Votes To Give Fired Lesbian Police Chief Her Job Back, Strips Mayor Of Power
- Former defrocked United Methodist pastor Frank Schaefer will get back pay, credentials restored
- Unearthing The Surprising Religious History Of American Gay Rights Activism
Politics and Media
- Why I Outed Gay Republicans: A decade later, I'm still not sorry.—"The reaction to these early posts was mixed, with some people backing me and others yammering that I was invading politicians' right to privacy. To the latter group, I pointed out that these very politicians were making my private life—and the lives of millions of other LGBT Americans—a very public political issue." Politco
- Inside George W. Bush's Closet
- Rep. Paul "Skip" Stam Compares LGBT North Carolinians to Pedophiles on House Floor
- Susan Rice challenges LGBT community to amplify message that 'gay rights are straight up human rights
- US ambassador officially celebrates LGBT Pride Month in the Philippines
- CNBC Panel Gets Awkward When Host Refers To Apple CEO Tim Cook As Gay
- Uganda Lashes Out at U.S. Sanctions; Will Hurt 'Most Vulnerable'—"Admonitions from Kampala follow last week's news of fresh U.S. sanctions, including the loss of millions in funding for a new health institute and visa denials."
- Gay couple targeted in homophobic attack by teenage gang on east London street
- Yankton Teen Alleges Discrimination From Name Tag
- Berlin House of One: The first church-mosque-synagogue?
- Mormons Expel Founder of Group Seeking Priesthood for Women NYT
- Blast from the Past: 'Kumare': Fake Guru Exposes Real, Desperate Desire to Believe
Church and State
- Roy Moore's twisted history: Islam and Buddhism don't have First Amendment protection, chief justice says
- GOP House Candidate: Islam Not A Religion, Not Protected By Constitution
- Wiccan says he was barred from giving invocation—"A member of the Wiccan faith says he was set to give the opening invocation at a Huntsville City Council meeting until the plan was publicized and he was asked about his faith. He was then told he was no longer invited."
- NC religious schools in line to get voucher money
- North Carolina: Student-led prayer bill signed into law
Sex Abuse Scandal
- Vatican defrocks ex-ambassador in sex abuse case—"The Vatican has defrocked its former ambassador to the Dominican Republic for sexually abusing boys. It's the first time a top papal envoy has been convicted of the crime and signals that Pope Francis is serious about imposing "zero tolerance" for abuse, regardless of rank."
- Seattle Archdiocese to pay $12.1 million to settle sex abuse lawsuit
- St. Ignatius: Settlement talks ordered in Catholic school, parish sex-abuse case
- Betrayed by Silence—"For decades, leaders of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis have been reassigning, excusing and overlooking sexually abusive priests among their ranks. Some received additional retirement benefits. In August, a top church lawyer, shocked at what she saw, brought the story to MPR News. What happened next is still unfolding."
- Church, Police give conflicting answers on child sex abuse—"The Catholic Church in Malta and the police have given conflicting details regarding priests involved in child sex abuse cases since 2010."
- Sleeping with boys was 'common practice': royal commission on sex abuse in Wollongong
- On sex abuse, pope's problems both simple and complex
- How Did the FBI Miss Over 1 Million Rapes?—"Systematic undercounting of sexual assaults in the US disguises a hidden rape crisis."
- How BBC star Jimmy Savile got away with allegedly abusing 500 children and sex with dead bodies WaPo
- 'We demand justice': Kenyans protest after men who brutally raped girl sentenced to cut grass
- Pakistani police say boyfriend admits woman was raped, murdered after refusing sex with his friends
- No quick fix for India's rape crisis
- FBI targets pimps, rescues 168 children in nationwide crackdown
- D.C. police officer admits prostituting girls WaPo
- Activist Resigns Amid Charges of Fabrication NYT
- Brides for sale: Vietnamese women, young girls trafficked to China
- Nepal adoptions chief raped and groomed orphans for prostitution, claims British teacher
- U.S. human trafficking report drops four nations to lowest tier
- Fighting sex trafficking with Jesus: How the religious right’s "healing" hurts—"New campaigns claim to fight sex trafficking with 'love and the power of Christ.' And their influence is growing." Salon
- Feds arrest "most hated man on the Internet" in revenge porn hacking case
- Houston woman wins $500,000 in 'revenge porn' lawsuit
- Woman Posted Explicit Material Inside Walmart—She gave away fliers of her naked husband's alleged mistress.
- 'Revenge porn' victims receive boost from German court ruling—"Koblenz court orders man to delete nude images of ex-partner, even though he had shown no intention of publishing them."
- Man faces trial over 'revenge porn' website
New story: Grandpa Burt Grow 2 by muscl4life and rdlart2
Workers and Wages Slaves
- Meet 204 Republicans Who Don't Want to Punish Companies That Steal Workers' Wages
- Days After Decrying Flat Wages, McConnell Proposes Lowering Wages by $13 Billion
- How Walmart's Low Wages Cost All Americans, Not Just Its Workers
- Canada: Walmart wrong to fire unionized workers, high court says—"Supreme Court rules 5-2 in favour of 190 Quebec who lost jobs after first unionized Walmart shut its doors."
- Unions Fear This SCOTUS Case Could Bring Their 'Final Destruction'
- American Workers Need Overtime Protections
- Qatar police respond to fight at Sheraton Doha hotel
- Tech industry job ads: Older workers need not apply
- Faygo accused of age discrimination - by founder's grandson
- Miss Delaware, 24, loses crown for being too old
- Singer sued for being too old and ugly for Pink cover band
- Zillow's Rich Barton on the $15 minimum wage, Uber regulations, and why the U.S. is filled with entrepreneurial 'freedom fighters'
- Ikea to raise its average minimum hourly wage to $10.76 LA Times
- Massachusetts: Minimum wage increase doesn't add up to a living wage—"The state's new $11 minimum wage –the highest in the nation -- will make low-wage workers' lives a little more stable, and less stressful. But not necessarily comfortable."
- A Minimum Wage That Makes More Sense—"Accounting for regional price differences is sound strategy when setting state or local minimum wages." NYT
On the Job
- Your Lifestyle Has Already Been Designed (The Real Reason For The Forty-Hour Workweek)
- Taking a Vacation May Actually Save Your Career—"Workaholism is hurting the American economy."
- Unblinking Eyes Track Employees: Workplace Surveillance Sees Good and Bad—"Abundant data, smart software and cheap sensors are beginning to make it possible to measure and monitor employees as never before." NYT
- An Employee Dies, and the Company Collects the Insurance—"Many companies insure their employees’ lives with themselves as beneficiaries, a practice some deride as immoral. But companies say the policies, for which they get tax breaks, help them bolster pensions and health care." NYT
- Obama Says US Should Offer Paid Maternity Leave—Right-wingers say no [Salon]
- North Dakota coffee shop has no employees, runs entirely on the honor system…and it's working
- Job interviews reward narcissists, punish applicants from modest cultures
Banks and Wall Street
- Ex-Goldman Trader Calls $8.25 Million Bonus Unfair, Told Mom He'd Get More—They really are too big to jail.
- New York attorney general accuses Barclays of 'dark pool' fraud
- Grassley's Hunt For An Obama Insider Trading Scandal Backfires On GOP
- House GOP Staffer Allegedly Changed His Story In Insider Trading Probe
- House Passes Bill To Aid Koch Brothers, Deregulate Wall Street
- China's commodity-lending fraud just got $15 billion bigger
- Krugman: Sympathy for the Trustafarians NYT
- Higher taxes do not kill jobs—"County-level BLS data tell the true story about job growth."
- Tax cuts in Kansas have cost the state money — and job creation's been terrible WaPo
- Robert Reich on America's Koch Problem
- In US, over 75 per cent of conservatives say the poor 'have it easy'
- Elizabeth Warren says the U.S. economy is rigged. Many conservatives agree. WaPo
- Conspiracy of the plutocrats: Secrets of the wealth-inequality explosion revealed Salon
- Detroit's Water War: a tap shut-off that could impact 300,000 people—"A right-wing state and corporate push to cut off water is economic shock therapy at its most ruthless and racist, but resistance is growing."
- Debtors Prisons Are Taking the US Back to the 19th Century—"In recent years, more and more cells have been filled with poor individuals who are caught in a vile trap, unable to pay court fines."
- What wealth gap? Danish welfare narrows disparity WaPo
- The open source revolution is coming and it will conquer the 1% - ex CIA spy—"The man who trained more than 66 countries in open source methods calls for re-invention of intelligence to re-engineer Earth."
- Nick Hanauer: The Pitchforks Are Coming… For Us Plutocrats Politico
- The United States Of Cruelty—"We are cheap. We are suspicious. We will shoot first. It does not have to be this way. Like Lincoln before us, it is time to do something about it."\
- 73-year-old veteran loses his job for allegedly giving a muffin to a homeless man
- Chinese tycoon's free lunch for homeless New Yorkers backfires—"Controversial businessman Chen Guangbiao angered homeless people in New York after promising them $300 each and failing to deliver."
- Flipside: Woman launches mobile showers for the homeless—"A San Francisco woman creates a "shower bus" to help accommodate the city's 3,500 homeless people. Vanessa Johnston reports."
- Disappointed Immigration Applicants Sue Canada—"More than 1,400 Chinese plaintiffs have filed a lawsuit against the Canadian immigration authorities after Canada announced it was canceling its immigrant investor program along with tens of thousands of outstanding applications." NYT
- Mainland Chinese line up for Australia's 'millionaire visa'
- Cashed-up Chinese students turn to Australia
- China targets officials who sent families abroad—"China's anti-graft campaign is now targeting officials who have sent their spouses and children abroad, where they can create channels to potentially funnel illicit gains and establish footholds for eventual escape from the mainland."
- The brain injury that made me a math genius—"Twelve years ago, Jason Padgett had never made it past pre-algebra. And then a violent mugging changed everything." Salon
- Notation, notation, notation: a brief history of mathematical symbols—The symbols we use every day have fascinating and surprisingly recent origins, explains author Joseph Mazur in his new book."
- The secret history of numbers: How math shapes our lives in amazing, unpredictable ways—"The relationship between people and numbers is so much more fascinating than simple dollars and cents." Salon
Science Under Siege
- Universities 'get poor value' from academic journal-publishing firms—"Research finds secrecy over contracts has stopped some institutions realising they are paying too much for journals."
- The U.S. Should Invest In Science, Not War
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson: US need not lose its edge in science—"The famed astrophysicist says there's a reason some chemical elements are named for places in the US -- and that we don't have to leave those glory days in the past."
- Asia's Cult of Intelligence—"With its 'cult of ignorance and anti-intellectualism' the U.S. risks falling behind rivals in Asia."
- xkcd: People are stupid
Earth and Moon
- Largest Active Volcano on Earth Rumbles Back to Life—"Recent quake swarms signal that magma is squeezing into Mauna Loa's magma storage chambers in the same spots below where the 1984 eruption occurred."
- Earth and Moon Are 60 Million Years Older Than Previously Believed
- Traces of another world found on the Moon—"Researchers have found evidence of the world that crashed into the Earth billions of years ago to form the Moon."
- The Moon is Now a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Strange New World Discovered: The 'Mega Earth'
- A Klingon is currently commander of the International Space Station
- Astronaut Sally Ride and the Burden of Being The First
- The Curiosity rover has been on Mars for one Martian year. It celebrated by taking a selfie. WaPo
- Big Bang blunder bursts the multiverse bubble—"Premature hype over gravitational waves highlights gaping holes in models for the origins and evolution of the Universe, argues Paul Steinhardt."
- Light from huge explosion 12 billion years ago reaches Earth
- NASA detects mysterious signal 240 million light years away from Earth
- The Timey Wimey Spacey Wacey Explanation of Relativity
- Avoiding "Sagan Syndrome." Why Astronomers and Journalists should pay heed to Biologists about ET.
- Star Within a Star: Weird Stellar 'Hybrid' Discovered—Red supergiant replaced its core with a neutron star.workers
- Collection of three supermassive black holes detected
- Mystery object in lake on Saturn's moon Titan intrigues scientists—"Nasa's Cassini probe took image last year as it passed by planet's largest moon – nothing seen when other images taken."
- Titan's Atmosphere May be Older than Saturn, a New Study Suggests
Stories that recently received comments
- The Barber: Bearable Winter by Texzilla
- The Alpha Kid 7 by BBMSN
- Brady Cannon's Unexpected Medical Exam 6e by Glaucon
- Fraternity Muscle 6 by Xyggurat
- Knowing I'm Gonna Get Fucked 6 by Peterbilt
- Hot For My Best Friend by Peterbilt
- The Prince's Teenage Commandos 2 by John D.
- Mine Now by Touchstone
- Daddy 2 by Londonboy
- New Year's Resolution 13 by lthrjock
- Wilderness Park by Peterbilt
- The Bodybuilding Bug by AbsMan420
- We Change You: Football Player by tigerjock
- Quarter Sizing the Quarterback by Texzilla
- Daniel: A Transform Episode by AKA
- Ari's Balls by Wordshop
- Kirthaven Gym: Deeply Motivated by irrcapt
- The Favor 5 by xythan_shadow
- Teen Transform: The College Years 20 by AKA
- Brainwashed by a Cigar Master by mcgarguy
Little Shop of Authors
- Alyn Roze
- chester & magister
- derek phillips
- Eric Lane
- John D.
- Kyle Leach
- Max Mann
- MTL Bear
- Richard Jasper
- Richard Pickman
- Rob Bass
A little about me...
Just a guy looking for a means to express himself...
What’s with the name? It sounds Greek to me.
And you'd be exactly right, except for the part of me being Greek. (Not that I wouldn't want get some baklava for time to time.) I am also in no way associated with the film.
Are you a real beekeeper?
Heavens, no, but if you want to be my one of my drones... what the hey...
Story themes I'm intoHypnosis, mind control, musclegrowth, body swap, male transformation, age progression and age regression (AP/AR), growth, shrinking, ASFR, freezing, time stop
Authoritarian (cops, military, firemen, etc.), BDSM, NC, humiliation, cum control, orgasm denial, milking, incest, straight/jock seduction
- Men Covered in Cum
- Geek to Freek
- Coach Daddy
- Muscle Does the Body Good
- Tap That Guy
- OOfah Papa
- Worldwide Bodybuilders
- Master Grog
- Under the Influence
- Choose Your Own Change
- Male Body Exchange
- Male Transformation Blog
- The NCMC
- Visible Time
- July 2002
- August 2002
- September 2002
- October 2002
- November 2002
- December 2002
- January 2003
- February 2003
- March 2003
- April 2003
- May 2003
- June 2003
- July 2003
- August 2003
- September 2003
- October 2003
- November 2003
- December 2003
- January 2004
- February 2004
- March 2004
- April 2004
- May 2004
- June 2004
- July 2004
- August 2004
- September 2004
- October 2004
- November 2004
- December 2004
- January 2005
- February 2005
- March 2005
- April 2005
- May 2005
- June 2005
- July 2005
- August 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- November 2005
- December 2005
- January 2006
- February 2006
- March 2006
- April 2006
- May 2006
- June 2006
- July 2006
- August 2006
- September 2006
- October 2006
- November 2006
- December 2006
- January 2007
- February 2007
- March 2007
- April 2007
- May 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007
- September 2007
- October 2007
- November 2007
- December 2007
- January 2008
- February 2008
- March 2008
- April 2008
- May 2008
- June 2008
- July 2008
- August 2008
- September 2008
- October 2008
- November 2008
- December 2008
- January 2009
- February 2009
- March 2009
- April 2009
- May 2009
- June 2009
- July 2009
- August 2009
- September 2009
- October 2009
- November 2009
- December 2009
- January 2010
- February 2010
- March 2010
- April 2010
- May 2010
- June 2010
- July 2010
- August 2010
- September 2010
- October 2010
- November 2010
- December 2010
- January 2011
- February 2011
- March 2011
- April 2011
- May 2011
- June 2011
- July 2011
- August 2011
- September 2011
- October 2011
- November 2011
- December 2011
- January 2012
- February 2012
- March 2012
- April 2012
- May 2012
- June 2012
- July 2012
- August 2012
- September 2012
- October 2012
- November 2012
- December 2012
- January 2013
- February 2013
- March 2013
- April 2013
- May 2013
- June 2013
- July 2013
- August 2013
- September 2013
- October 2013
- November 2013
- December 2013
- January 2014
- February 2014
- March 2014
- April 2014
- May 2014
- June 2014
- July 2014